Roxio's latest applications extend the Windows 7 experience with many additional features for digital media-savvy users who capture and enjoy photos, videos, and premium content. A few examples:
* AVC HD support -- Roxio Creator supports real-time editing of AVCHD, the most popular format for new HD cameras, and allows Windows 7 users to edit high-definition home movies and share them on Blu-ray Disc.
* Disc copying -- Roxio Creator and Roxio Burn allow Windows 7 users to create and burn a full disc image to any optical format, CD, DVD and Blu-ray. These products also support the efficient drag-and-drop copying of discs and disc images and burning of files spanning multiple CDs, DVDs, or Blu-ray Discs.
* Moving media files among devices -- Roxio products provide Window 7 users with the ability to organize and move media files across devices -- Windows Mobile phones, iPods®, Blackberry® handhelds, and other smart phones, mobile devices, PCs, etc. -- with high-speed seamless file formatting.
* Playback of Blu-ray content -- Creator 2010 Pro Edition offers playback of Blu-ray discs for Windows 7 users who wish to enjoy videos with the highest audio/video quality.
* PhotoShow( )Touch -- For multi-touch enabled Windows 7 systems, PhotoShow Touch enables users to compose and share slideshows using simple finger gestures to directly manipulate objects on screen.
* VHS to DVD -- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD, a combination of software and hardware that enables Windows 7 users to quickly and efficiently digitize analog recordings stored on VHS tapes.
* Hollywood movies -- Roxio's CinemaNow service for on-demand movie access enables Windows 7 users to browse, rent, and purchase premium entertainment for PC viewing or accessing from a broad range of home and mobile electronics.
As part of a co-marketing agreement with Microsoft, Roxio products were showcased during the Windows 7 launch event in New York City, and were part of Windows 7 House Party program.
"Windows 7 is a very exciting new operating system, and users will enjoy the rich features of this new platform from Microsoft," said Matt DiMaria, general manager, Roxio division of Sonic Solutions. "Whether it's creating and sharing high-definition home movies or instantly enjoying Hollywood entertainment from a connected Blu-ray Disc player, Roxio has a solution to help consumers make the most of their experience with Windows 7."
"Software partners like Roxio continue to play a key role in enriching the Windows experience," said Kim Akers, general manager for global partners, Microsoft Corp. "Roxio's impressive range of digital media applications and services embodies the Windows 7 philosophy by making a wide spectrum of digital media tasks easier, faster and more enjoyable."
For more information on applications compatible with Windows 7 visit: www.roxio.com.
Roxio enables consumers to easily manage, share, and enjoy personal digital media content and, through Roxio CinemaNow((TM)), conveniently access premium Hollywood entertainment from a broad range of connected devices. A wide array of leading technology companies and developers rely on Roxio applications, services and technologies to bring innovative digital media functionality to next-generation devices and platforms.
Roxio is a division of Sonic Solutions (Nasdaq: SNIC), headquartered in Novato, California.